Tuesday, March 9, 2010

IT'S A BOY!


Trying to find a smile in between contractions.
ON OUR WAY....

Brigham(Brigg) Glen Jones has arrived! He even came a day earlier than expected! I was scheduled to go in on Mon, but that just wasn't happening. We were pretty excited that he decided to come early! I have to say that this was probably the best surprise I've ever had!! I will definitely do it this way again! I think most everybody was convinced it was a girl and Mike and I too were pretty sure, so that made it even more of a surprise when little Brigg was born. Everything went pretty well. I woke up around 5:00 having some pretty painful contractions coming every 10 minutes. I called in to be sure this was for real and was told to come on in. They were getting harder and harder so I knew I needed to hurry if there was any chance to get an epidural. I was already dilated to a 4 that friday so I knew it wouldn't be long. We called Rich over to be with the kids and then we were on our way. I got to the hospital and was dilated to a 7, but luckily they called the anaesthesiologist in right away. It took a couple tries to get it in right, but once it worked, boy did it work. I was finally in heaven, feeling no more pain!! Gotta love those guys!! I got to a 10 pretty quick after but my contractions started to weaken and weren't quite strong enough to do anything, so they ended up giving me a little pitosin to get them stronger. Long story short--it took longer than expected to get him here and his head was face up which makes it even harder, but after 45 minutes of pushing--he finally arrived!! He was born Mar. 7th at 11:17 am. He weighed 8 lbs. 11 oz. and is 21 in. long. I was exhausted!! We are glad to finally have our happy healthy boy! We feel really blessed to have such a healthy baby--Welcome to our family Brigg--We love you!!!


Brigg and some of his visitors...
Grandpa Jones



Grandma Jones

Grandma Shirlene

Aunt Stacey

Rich


Our first family pic--oh what a beauty. Let's just say we won't be framing this one! We're all lookin so alive!!
Definitely a crazy day!

Charly

Wesley

Drake

The kids did great!! They were all super excited to finally meet their little brother. It's been a while since we've had a baby around, so I think we're all ready!! Gotta love the 3 1/2 year gap. Charly has already been such a great help and not a lot of adjusting has to be done--she is just ready to be a big sister. And the boys are so sweet with him and want to hold him all the time. They are always worried about Brigg since he's had a little jaundice, they keep asking if he's ok. Babies are so good for kids, they just bring such a special spirit in our home. Well here we go--our family of 6--whew---that sounds like a pretty big family--hard to believe it's mine!! More pics to come....

4 comments:

Jac Bishop said...

I am so excited to meet him! He looks like Charly a little! Hooray for your huge family!

Shirlene said...

Congratulations to the Jones family. It was so fun to get there and meet the new little one.

Carrie Godfrey said...

Yay!!! Pictures of the cute little one!!!! He is adorable. I hope the jaundice goes away quickly. Welcome to the world little Brigg!! Love you Deb - you did good!

Kristy said...

Debbie, he is beautiful! We're so excited for you all and you're such an amazing mother and friend! Congratulations!